Friday, April 17, 2009

Christmas in April...




I've been giving it some thought, and depending on what Jimmy's school schedule is like, I think I'd like to do the craft bazaar in Pahrump this year. I did it a couple years ago and actually sold wreaths, not jewelry, but I'd like to give it a try with some jewelry. Fortunately, the overhead isn't very high (other than the trip from San Diego,) and it'll get us out of town for a few days. So, in anticipation, here's what I've been working on...

I know that I'll be making multiples of items, but I'm trying to decide how many of each would be appropriate without making it look so "factory" as opposed to "handmade"...we'll see. I'll be posting more in the coming weeks (I would have had more but my camera's battery died on me,) so look out for those!

I know that I can't make them too expensive because the crowd that goes to the bazaar doesn't exactly want to pay a lot for anything, handmade or not, and even with my wreaths, they haggled a little. That's why I'm thinking of just using plated metals along with brass and copper, but also offering some of my "nicer" pieces made with gold-fill and sterling silver just in case. I know that the ladies who sold jewelry the year I was in it didn't sell anything at all and I think it was partially because of high pricing. :/ That and some of the items were just really too nice to be sold in that kind of "market"...

No comments:

Post a Comment